S.I.B.S.

Siblings Interacting to Bestow Sanity- a crazy name for people with crazy lives. This group is created by and for people who have a sibling with a behavioral disability. Ask questions, discuss, and share your experiences.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the weirdest question you have been asked about your sibling?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
What is the weirdest question you have been asked about your sibling?

http://disabilitydiscussion.board-directory.net

2 Weird Question on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:02 pm

cbear234

Hi, I'm over here from the reddit post, and I think the forum is a great idea. I am 18 years old and I have two brothers with "low functioning" or severe autism. I'm very open about my family situation, and this openness has definitely warranted a few strange questions (some very offensive but not totally meant to be) Let's see, the most weird was when a friend of mine asked me if my brother was like a dog who needed to be walked and fed. I didn't really know how to feel or respond but i then just explained the actual situation present realizing that most people aren't malicious, they just don't really know anything.

skunkhat

Thanks for sharing! Yeah I think most of the time people just don't know what to say so they something stupid like that. I have had people ask me if I could tell my sister (with autism) to just stop talking. It was so hard for me to not get mad at them but after I told them that she had autism they gave her a little more slack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum