S.I.B.S.

Siblings Interacting to Bestow Sanity- a crazy name for people with crazy lives. This group is created by and for people who have a sibling with a behavioral disability. Ask questions, discuss, and share your experiences.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Encouraging/ Inspirational Stories

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Encouraging/ Inspirational Stories on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Admin

Admin
Share your positive stories

http://disabilitydiscussion.board-directory.net

2 My sister's dream come true on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:19 pm

skunkhat

My sister has always been obsessed with Disney. Most autistic kids have something that they hyper focus on or know everything about; her's is Disney. She has always dreamed of someday working for Disney World and being a character in one of the costumes. This summer, she is taking her first step towards that dream. She was accepted for a college program (she hasn't attended college, she just has to be enrolled in one) and will be spending four months there this fall. She will start out as a custodian for the park and she is super excited about it. I am so happy for her and have my fingers crossed for everything to work out. If your sibling ever has a dream that seems unattainable, don't ever discourage them. Someday, things just may work out like they did for my sister.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum