S.I.B.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
S.I.B.S.

Siblings Interacting to Bestow Sanity- a crazy name for people with crazy lives. This group is created by and for people who have a sibling with a behavioral disability. Ask questions, discuss, and share your experiences.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the weirdest question you have been asked about your sibling?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

What is the weirdest question you have been asked about your sibling?

https://disabilitydiscussion.board-directory.net

2What is the weirdest question you have been asked about your sibling? Empty Weird Question Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:02 pm

cbear234

Hi, I'm over here from the reddit post, and I think the forum is a great idea. I am 18 years old and I have two brothers with "low functioning" or severe autism. I'm very open about my family situation, and this openness has definitely warranted a few strange questions (some very offensive but not totally meant to be) Let's see, the most weird was when a friend of mine asked me if my brother was like a dog who needed to be walked and fed. I didn't really know how to feel or respond but i then just explained the actual situation present realizing that most people aren't malicious, they just don't really know anything.

skunkhat

Thanks for sharing! Yeah I think most of the time people just don't know what to say so they something stupid like that. I have had people ask me if I could tell my sister (with autism) to just stop talking. It was so hard for me to not get mad at them but after I told them that she had autism they gave her a little more slack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum